Sponsor of Endura Racing, the clothing company Endura has lots of new cycling clothing ready to keep you covered throughout winter and spring time
As one of Britain’s top pros, Rob Partridge (Endura Racing) said in a recent interview, with Endura’s clothing to keep him warm and dry, he really doesn’t have a reason not to train or do that extra hour.
Endura has developed lots of new items for this Winter/Spring 2012 season which will protect you against rain, wind, chilly conditions, and whatever else the elements might throw at you during the colder season. All of these items work together as integrated parts of Endura’s layering system, and will also come in handy in spring time when the weather is quite unpredictable and when it can still be quite chilly.
Wet Weather Protection – Photon Jacket
One of the challenges of making a waterproof cycling jacket is to combine high waterproof properties with low bulk and low weight. With the new Photon Jacket, Endura has mastered this challenge in style.
This latest member in Endura’s exclusive family of cycling jackets is extremely lightweight and ultra packable for a fully waterproof, completely seam-sealed jacket.
It is made of ultra compact 2.5-layer waterproof breathable fabric. For perfect weather protection, the Photon features a slimline inner storm flap with a wrap over zip guard.
Further details include reflective print trims on shoulders and sleeves, a rear pocket with structured bonded opening, elasticated cuffs, hem and neckline, and a mini stuff sack.
The jacket comes in a relaxed fit,and is available in a Men’s and a Women’s specific version in a range of colours including Hi-Viz.
Race Day Weather Protection – Adrenaline Race Cape
The Adrenaline Race Cape out of the FS260-Pro Series is a European style road cycling piece. In a transparent, lightweight waterproof fabric that is highly breathable, this fitted jacket offers an ultra-compact weather protection solution for race day since it allows for the race-number on the jersey underneath to be visible at all times.
The simplicity of the garment with pull-on elasticated cuffs and collar and the straight forward front zip make it easy to put on and off in race conditions.
With its sublimation printed windproof front and arm panels the FS260-Pro Jetstream delivers perfect wind protection while simply looking great.
The insulating grid fleece inner on the back and undersleeves offers extra warmth and wicks any moisture away quickly.
The snug athletic fit with pre-curved sleeves and silicone gripper rear ensures perfect fit in the cycling position.
The triple rear pocket plus zipped security pocket stows away all the essentials that you want to take with you on a winter ride, while reflective details on the rear keep you visible and therefore save.
On those in-between days when it is dry but there’s a bit of a chill in the air, the FS260-Pro Jetstream can be worn as an outer layer, while on really cold or wet days it works well as a midlayer in combination with a jacket.
Versatile Insulation – Roubaix Jacket
Not every piece of cycling apparel needs to look flashy and colourful. Featuring an athletic fit, the brand new Roubaix Jacket comes in black with clean lines and discrete reflective trims. The result: this lovely jacket goes well with all your other cycling kit. Made of insulating durable Roubaix fleece with smooth exterior and fleecy inner, the Roubaix Jacket is an extremely comfortable all year round piece.
Details include a full front zipper with sprung puller, triple rear pockets and a zipped rear security pocket. Available in a Men’s and in a Women’s specific version. An ideal midlayer due to its fast wicking and insulation properties, the Roubaix Jacket also makes a great outer layer on those dry, not so freezing cold days.
New Legwear – FS260-Pro Bibknickers
A good pair of cycling shorts are of course the core of each cycling outfit. So it’s fortunate that Endura are constantly researching the latest fabric and pad technologies and are applying these to innovative designs to create performance bike wear that simply works well.
Lately, Endura have updated the popular cycling shorts of their FS260-Pro range, and they have also added some bibknickers to it.
The new FS260-Pro Bibknickers give you that extra bit of knee coverage that can make all the difference for an enjoyable early-spring ride. Made out of high performance stretch fabrics with durable exterior and fast wicking inner, these bibs give good muscle support.
The multi-panel, anatomic construction with seamless inside leg, fully flatlocked seams, and wicking mesh upper bib with Lycra® binding allow for an extremely high wearing comfort.
So does the 600-Series antibacterial Silver Dry® multi-density stretch pad that adapts to the body and protects the most crucial contact point between rider and bike.
Silicone grippers keep the hem in place. A small rear pocket stows away small essentials like gels, keys, or mobile phone. Stretch reflective piping on thighs and rear enhance visibility.
And for those really chilly days, you’d better have a pair of thermal cycling pants in your wardrobe – Endura gives you a choice of biblongs, bibknickers and tights in a range of fabrics and even fabric weights, from fast wicking Thermolite® to waterproof Stealth Lite and super warm Stealth Extreme.
Accessories to Keep You Warm
Warm hands and feet are half the rent for staying warm on your winter ride. The new Thermolite Roubaix Glove (left) offers breathable warmth for your hands and is also a great, sleek piece for race day. Teflon HT treated Thermolite® provides insulation and comfort while silicone finger and palm prints ensure good grip. The high strapless cuff is designed to fit under jacket sleeves. The thumb is equipped with a terry sweat wipe.
The new Windchill Glove (right) is a short cuffed, padded full finger glove featuring windproof and water resistant fabric on the back of the hand. The low bulk glove features terry sweat wipes, a Lycra wrist insert for fast pullon access, and reflective back hand prints. Stitched in gel zones offer padding to protect pressure points, while the silicone over laid gripper prints deliver good grip. As the name indicates, these gloves go together nicely with the Windchill Jacket which is now available in an additional blue colourway.
Edgy, shiny, and sleek, the new silver version of the tried and tested Road Overshoe (below) is truly one of its kind with regards to style. On the technical side, the Road Overshoe also stands out as an iconic, innovative Endura piece. Most importantly, these overshoes will keep your feet warm and dry thanks to their smooth waterproof Neoprene® construction and welded centre seam.
The Neoprene® meets and butts behind the rear zip to improve water tightness; a Velcro® heel tab ensures snug fit. The reflective logo and zip panels at the rear aid visibility. Last but not least, the hard wearing Kevlar® faced bace and Kevlar® stitching guarantee a longlasting life span of these tight fitting Road Overshoes.
To complete your outfit, combine these great new items with Endura’s baselayers, arm/leg warmers and head wear – the offer includes everything from fast-wicking technical fabrics to natural, odour-resistant
And finally, one for the eyes to keep a clear view, wearing a pair of anti-fog cycling glasses like the Endura Spectrum ones is always a good idea.
LINKS: Endura’s website
Other Buyers Guide Features
- Report-Photos-Results: Tour Series – Aberystwyth (Wales)
- Report: Eastwood Strikes at Moreton Race Rd 3
- Giro Team News: Evans holds on to second in Time Trial
- News: Critérium du Dauphiné 2013 – Arise, Sir Froome?
- Result: NCRA Rockingham Raceway Handicap Series
- News: Cumbria’s Lake District provides toughest test yet in Tour
- Results/Photos: Pedal Heaven Race 5 at Eelmoor
- Report/Results: Vanillabikes.com Circuit Race league
- News: Olympic Champions for Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix
- News: Circuit of the Fens – Sunday 16th June
- Report/Results: Solihull CC No Frills Circuit Races #4
- Results: Tuesday Hillingdon Circuit Racing
- TT Result: Ipswich Bicycle Club Open 10
- Results: South West Regional Road Race Championships
- Results: Crystal Palace Crits #3
- Results: Circuit Races at Stourport
- Report/Results: Chevin Cycles Event 4
- News: Pregnant Dame Sarah continues training
- Result: Dave Astles Memorial Cheshire TLI Series
- Team News: Rapha Condor JLT at the Tour Series
- Result: GS Henley Road Race
- Johnson Health Tech Grand Prix Series, Round One Stoke-on-Trent
- Results: North East Division Road Race Championships
- Results: Condor LVRC Road Race
- Report: Tour Series – Stoke-on-Trent (Staffordshire)
- Report/Results: TLI National Criterium Champs 2013
- 2013 George Samuel Memorial Hove Park Crits Race 2
- Results: East Midlands Region Road Race Championships
- Alex Dowsett: Giro – “It’s about surviving”
- Results: North West Divisional Champs
- News: Final Championship Prep for Bottrill in Melton Olympic 10
- RAS: Conor Dunne wins stage 1 of the RAS
- Result: Yorkshire Divisional RR Champs
- Result: South East Road Race Championships
- Results: Steve Jones Memorial
- Result: Eastern Region Road Race Championships
- Results: Knowsley Track League
- Result: Southern Counties Cycling Union 10
- Results: SERRL Evening Series Event 3
- Result: Surrey League Dunsfold Park 4ths Series
- Results: Hog Hill Summer Series 2
- Result/Report: NCRA Rockingham Raceway Handicap Series: Race 2
- Report/Results: Ciclos Uno Summer Series #1
- Team News: Shutt-sponsored Squadra Donne racing GP series
- Results: Abbeygate Developments/Corley Cycles Summer Series Races
- News: Wiggins abandons Tour of Italy
- News: 100th Victory for Mark Cavendish
- Results: CDNW UCLanSport Circuit Race Series
- Report: Debut Win for Cox! Moreton Race 2
- Report: NYRRL event 1 Bishopswood Selby
- Team News: House at Home in Durham Tour Series
- Report/Results: Royal London 360 Youth League Round 6
- Report/Photos! Tour Series – Durham (North East)
- Results: Litherland Circuit League
- Result: BEC CC Road Race
- Results: Behind The Bikeshed’s Summer Circuits 1
- Result: Hillingdon Tuesday Night League
- Results: Vanillabikes.com Circuit Race Series
- Event News: Surf & Turf 2 Day
- Results: Knowsley Track League (10th May)