April the 9th sees the running of the Maureen Bain Memorial RR promoted by the Newcastle Cheviot CC. This is the start sheet for the E/1/2/3 (Nat B) event.
EVENT PRESS RELEASE
On Monday the 9th of April 2012, at The Mitford Community Centre, Fontside, Mitford, Morpeth
The races are run in Memory of Maureen Bain, Maureen organised the Easter 4 day cycle race for 57 continuous years. During the 1970’s, 80’s and 90’s Maureen was the only operating Commisaire in the old North East Division, and therefore officiated most weekends, as well as week nights.
Maureen also officiated at local Track meetings. She has also held office as BCF road race secretary, Treasurer and in Latter years she was President of BCNE. In 1998 Maureen was the BC gold award for service to the Sport. Her service was also recognised by Sport England in 2001. Maureen’s daughter Denise will be presenting the prizes after this afternoon’s senior race.
The Maureen Bain Memorial Races will be run to make no profit and any profit created from Entry on Line will be added to the prize pot. Prizes may well be posted out after the race, so if you are placed in the top eight, please ensure I have your address details. Riders are to assemble at 1.50pm on the road, immediately outside the Community Centre. At 1.55pm the race safety briefing will take place. At 2.00pm the short neutralised section will commence. Riders are to give way to traffic on the B6343, during the neutralised section.
Riders are to turn to right out of Fontside onto the B6343, to continue to the start/finish line which will be 200 metres past the top of Mitford Bank. The race will now continue in a westerly direction on the B6343 to Dyke Neuk, then continue on the same road to Hartburn. Riders are to exercise caution at Hartburn Bridge. The race then continues to Scot’s Gap, In Scot’s Gap riders should ignore any sign posts to turn right (I may forget to take them down).
Instead continue straight on to Cambo. In Cambo turn right onto the B6342 to head in a northerly direction to Harwood Gate. At Harwood Gate turn left onto unclassified road to head in a North Westerly direction past Winter’s Gibbet. Continue to Elsdon, at end of Village green riders should turn right onto the B6341 to head in an easterly direction.
Continue to Prime at Bilsmoor, riders should exercise considerable caution on the descent of Bilsmoor. Continue on the B6341 in an Easterly direction through Hepple to Flotterton, here turn left onto unclassified road to Sharperton. Just after crossing the Coquet bridge turn left onto unclassified road to Holystone, continue on same road to Swindon.
Here turn right onto the B6341 to head in a westerly direction. Continue to prime at Bilsmoor. Then on to Elsdon, at the start of the village green turn left on to unclassified road, continue to prime at Winter’s Gibbet, then onto Harwood Gate. Here turn right onto the B6342 to head in a southerly direction to Cambo. Here turn left onto the B6343 to head in an easterly direction. Continue on B6343 through Scot’s Gap, Hartburn, Dyke Neuk to finish 200 metres before the descent of Mitford bank for a distance of 55 miles.
Please not, No hard shell helmet no ride, there will be no neutral service and following cars are not permitted.
The race would like to thank Mitford Parish Council, The Highways department Northumberland County Council, Mr Andrew Johnston (BC), The organisers of The Morpeth Duathlon. The race would also like to thank the commissaries, and the National Escort Group for helping to ensure the race runs safely. Competitors are not to park at any time in the vicinity of the Start/Finish Line, competitors are not to park in the entrance to the Mitford Estate.
Riders are to park in the vicinity of the community centre, and should park in a manner that does not cause hindrance to local residents. Riders should not drop litter in the village. Riders should not leave valuables in the community centre during the race. Any complaints regarding this race should in the first instance by made in writing to the event secretary. Christopher Gray Esquire, 131G Tynedale Drive, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 4LU.
Startsheet (there will be entry on the line)
1. David Johnson Adept Precision, NE Healthcare 2nd
2. Philip Speight Adept Precision 3rd
3. Shaun Tyson Adept Precision 3rd
4. Adam Pratt Annan 2010 Racing 3rd
5. Hamish Graham ASFRA Racing Team Flanders 3rd
6. Ewan Minty Berwick Wheelers CC 3rd
7. Angus Elliot The Bicycleworks.com 3rd
8. Dale McCallum The Bicycleworks.com 2nd Junior
9. Douglas Shaw The Bicycleworks.com 3rd
10. Craig Anderson Blackhawk Bikes.com 2nd
11. James Anderson Blackhawk Bikes.com 3rd
12. William Brown Blackhawk Bikes.com 2nd
13. Tom Harcourt Blackhawk Bikes.com 3rd
14. Alan Nixon Blackhawk Bikes.com 2nd
15. Neil Baxter Blumilk.com 3rd
16. Karl Juan Denton Blumilk.com 2nd
17. Giles Harrison Blumilk.com 1st
18. Ian Norris Blumilk.com 2nd
19. Adam Robertson Blumilk.com 2nd
20. Richard Bickley Border City Wheelers CC 2nd
21. Paul Kirby Cestria Cycles RT 3rd
22. Matthew Theobalds CS Grupetto 2nd
23. Graham McGarrity Dooleys Cycles 2nd
24. Derek Walker East Kilbride RC 3rd
25. Gert Gammelin Ferryhill Wheelers, Mountain High RT 3rd
26. David Plant Ferryhill Wheelers 2nd
27. William Staveley Ferryhill Wheelers 3rd
28. Mike Bell Fietsen Tempo 2nd
29. Craig Adams GJS Racing Team 2nd
30. Peter Hale GJS Racing Team 3rd Junior
31. James McPake GJS Racing Team 3rd
32. Barry Crumlith Glasgow Couriers CC 3rd
33. Barry McGurk Glasgow Couriers CC 3rd
34. Russell Bayliss GS Metro 2nd
35. Graeme Huston GS Metro 3rd
36. Steven Robertson Icarus Racing 3rd
37. Andrew Beattie Infinity Cycles 1st
38. Craig Wallace Granite City RT, Ledingham Chalmers 3rd
39. Alister Watt Granite City RT 2nd
40. Connor Telfer Hawick CC 3rd Junior
41. Dan Storey RST Racing Team 1st
42. Gunnar Gronlund RST Racing Team Elite
43. Matt Sumpton RST Racing Team 1st
44. Tom Stewart RST Racing Team 2nd
45. Chris Barnard Sunderland Clarion CC 3rd
46. Paul Cottrell Sunderland Clarion CC 3rd
47. Michael Sloanes Sunderland Clarion CC 3rd
48. Sam Boast Team Hope Factory Racing 2nd
49. Thomas Timothy Velo29, OTR, Vankru 2nd
50. Craig Berry Private Member 3rd
51. Neil Souter Private Member 2nd
If you are a junior, and I don’t have this noted, please speak up.