The National Junior Women’s Road Race Championships in Wales on May 12 has been opened up to allow senior riders to compete on the championship course
The race starts and finishes in Brynmawr Town Centre which is one of the major towns in the Blaenau Gwent Borough. This is a flat to rolling course (quite tough) which, with 5km to go, has a four kilometre climb before finishing with a 1km flatish road (more a slight drag up) in Brynmawr town centre.
This route has been used for several years by the Junior Tour of Wales on the Saturday afternoon of the Tour and has proved to be a popular route with the riders, managers, spectators and the organising team.
Headquarters: Nantyglo Leisure Centre, Pond Road, Nantyglo, Brymawr
When: 12 May 2012
Junior Women’s Route
Start: Brynmawr Town Centre Saturday at 3:00pm
The race will be flagged off by the Mayor of the local County Borough Council.
– A465 direction of Abergavenny.
– Abergavenny, B4598 direction of Raglan.
– Raglan A40 and unclassified roads, direction of Mitchel Troy.
– Raglan – repeat Mitchel Troy / Raglan circuit.
– B4598 direction of Abergavenny.
– A465 direction of Brynmawr.
Finish: Brynmawr Town Centre
Race distance: 75.6km. 47miles