LVRC racing at Sundorne,Shrewsbury – Highlight of the morning’s racing was that it was run off in SUNSHINE!! Yes the sun shone and spectators were heard to complain of the heat.
All attempts at breakaways were nullified in a race run at about 25 mph. Tim Jones of the promoting club managed to get away on the last corner and held on to the line.
1. Tim Jones, MSW
2. Aaron Caseley, Cycle Shack – Forme Coaching
3. Chris Horsfield, Brooks Cycles
1. Duff Fawcett, GB Fire Service
2. Simon Bills, GS Strada Afford Rent-a-Car
1. Mick Davies, Pedal Power – Loughborough CC
Five riders got away on lap two four D cats and comeback rider Joe Rowe, an E cat. They stayed away until the finish despite efforts by winner Ray Pugh and regular winner on the circuit Andy Jones trying to split the group.
1. Ray Pugh, Liverpool Mercury
2. Andy Jones, Wolverhampton Whs
3. John Kriskinans, Wolverhampton Whs
1. Joe Rowe, Bush Healthcare
1. Hugh Cannings, Mammoth Cycles
1. Dave Nicholas, MSW