Cycling Holiday Spain first started more than 10 years ago back in 2000 as a very relaxed yet successful self catering training camp for cyclists of all levels and is now a pro camp with a home from home feel
Advertorial from www.cyclingholidayspain.co.uk
Its location and climate were all that were needed for its success. Days of glorious sunshine and set right in the mountains with direct access to some of the best road cycling and MTB trails in Spain, www.cyclingholidayspain.co.uk is based in the historic village of Callosa D’en Sarria in the Northen part of the Costa Blanca (Spain). It is in the mountains of this small town that Cycling Holiday Spain was born away from all the busy traffic and just 15 minutes from the sea, it makes for the perfect cycling get away.
View from camp
Over the years many cyclists and teams have stayed and trained with us and through constant feedback, Cycle Holiday Spain has turned into a fully fledged pro inclusive training camp for cyclists of all levels and goals. It now runs alongside the self catering option. There are several full on pro camp style packages to cater for every need you could wish for and in a nutshell, just like the pro teams like ASTANA or SKY would expect when they embark on their winter training.
Jukka Vastaranta uses our camp and now leads our mountain bike camps.
In fact the bond between UK & European teams and Cycling Holiday Spain is a strong one. We now sponsor several events in the UK such as the GWRTEAM floodlit cyclo-cross race series and are proud to sponsor the Lewis Balyckyi trust fund. We also now run Guided MTB camps and are proud to be working with Jukka Vastaranta pro rider for Rabobank and Treks Cingolani from Finland.
How are we different to the rest? It’s our philosophy that when you need to focus and train hard you need to relax equally hard and we provide a very comfortable stress free relaxed ‘home from home’ feel in out luxury villa camp.
Our pro fully inclusive camp packages offer all you could ask for to allow you to focus 100%. Everything is taken care of.
So what can you expect from a week on out training camps? On arrival at Alicante airport, we greet and meet you and provide your transfer to the villa camp, including all your luggage and of course the bike if you wish to bring it. We can also provide bikes for you if you wish to travel light.
Depending on the time of your arrival, when you arrive at the camp, a hearty and healthy home cooked meal awaits you. Some of the teams are so keen to get out on the mountains they manage to fit in a session in the afternoon of their arrival!
Day 2 of the camp starts with a cyclist power breakfast and then its briefing on the plan for the day. Depending on what type of team is here, this can be very structured or more relaxed. We usually have the weeks plan and training goals from the teams before they arrive so we can put together the correct routes for them to maximise their training. The rest of the week is focussed on the training plan from the leader of the group. If you want us to design a specific plan, we have coaches we can use to map out a great week for you.
A nice touch is the ability to look at the route in the cinema room and discuss the plan.
During the training rides, full car support is provided giving you a real sense of how the pros train, And the car support is great as it allows riders to jump in if they need and also store water and provisions, as well as some nice refreshing oranges that always come in handy!
There is also radio communication between the car and the riders, adding even more to the pro feel of the camp.
Here is a short video of GWRTEAM during their visit, as you can see they were accompanied by pro team ASTANA and there support vehicle. We often see the pros here!
After the days training session, it’s back to base camp where the athletes can relax in the villa’s facilities. A quick post ride snack and protein shake. The evening and down time is relaxed. A full three course meal designed for champions is served – see www.cyclingholidayspain.co.uk/food-menu
After a feast, a good 15 minute massage is provided. Not only does this add to the professional feel of the camp but really does help relax and recuperate tired legs!
BikeTreksRacing enjoying an evening meal and discussing the days training and below out on a easy day!
GWR TEAM after a mountain time trail up the famous Sierra Aitana!
After a good meal, riders can either watch films in the cinema room, surf the net or playing Fifa on the PS3. We also have a fantastic games room with a Brunswick 9 ball pool table and gym area.
During your stay, we also provide access to the local leisure centre where you can use the gym and spa facilities!
If you still feeling energetic, you can go and play tennis or basketball in the grounds!
The whole set up is like a home from home and you can see from the testimonials, it really works well and we are proud of our positive feedback.
GWR TEAM www.cyclingholidayspain.co.uk train like a pro where the pros train
So if you’re looking for a fully inclusive camp where everything is taken care of including the following
• All airport transfers
• All food and post ride snacks
• Post ride massage
• Full vehicle support and guided riding
• Pre planned routes to fit in with your training plan
• 27/7 internet access
• Fantastic facilities
• Spa access
• Trip to fantastic WOK buffet
• All laundry taken care of
• Home from home feeling
• A friend atmosphere and great hosts
Look no further.
Contact us today email@example.com
We cater for small groups to whole teams. From Enthusiastic riders, clubs and trade teams to professionals.
Noze your host!
Other Results on VeloUK (including reports containing results)
- Report-Photos-Results: Tour Series – Aberystwyth (Wales)
- Report: Eastwood Strikes at Moreton Race Rd 3
- Result: President’s Trophy Handicap Road Race 2013
- Result: SERRL Evening Series Event 4
- Results : UCLAN Sport Circuit Race Series
- Result: Southborough & District Wheelers Open 10
- Result: NCRA Rockingham Raceway Handicap Series
- Report: Royal London 360 Isle of Man Youth League Round 7
- Results/Photos: Pedal Heaven Race 5 at Eelmoor
- Result: Tameside Circuit Races
- Report/Results: Vanillabikes.com Circuit Race league
- Results: Round 7 Litherland Circuit League
- Report/Results: Solihull CC No Frills Circuit Races #4
- Results: Wolverhampton Wheelers Track League
- Results: Tuesday Hillingdon Circuit Racing
- TT Result: Ipswich Bicycle Club Open 10
- Results: South West Regional Road Race Championships
- Results: Crystal Palace Crits #3
- Results: Circuit Races at Stourport
- Report/Results: Chevin Cycles Event 4
- Report/Results: Welwyn Track League
- Results: Ludgershall Summer Series, Race 1
- Results: Meadowbank Track League
- Report/Results: Raymond Brown Track League 3
- Result: Dave Astles Memorial Cheshire TLI Series
- Report: Thruxton Summer Circuits 2
- Result: GS Henley Road Race
- Johnson Health Tech Grand Prix Series, Round One Stoke-on-Trent
- Result: Sheffrec CC 25 mile TT
- Results: North East Division Road Race Championships
- Results: Condor LVRC Road Race
- Report: Tour Series – Stoke-on-Trent (Staffordshire)
- Report/Results: TLI National Criterium Champs 2013
- Results: CDNW Youth League Round 2
- Results: Scottish RR Championships
- Result: Westbury Wheelers CC 24 Hardriders
- TT Result: Andover Wheelers Open 10
- Result: Stockport Clarion CC 10
- 2013 George Samuel Memorial Hove Park Crits Race 2
- TT Result: Tyneside Vagabonds CC 45
Other News on VeloUK
- Team News: Win for Rapha’s Ed Clancy
- Photo Special: Circuit Change for Aberyswyth Tour Series
- Giro Team News: Evans holds on to second in Time Trial
- News: Critérium du Dauphiné 2013 – Arise, Sir Froome?
- News: Cumbria’s Lake District provides toughest test yet in Tour
- News: Olympic Champions for Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix
- News: Circuit of the Fens – Sunday 16th June
- News: Nunn-YB-London Racing Team Launch
- News: Pregnant Dame Sarah continues training
- Team News: Rapha Condor JLT at the Tour Series
- Giro: BMC’s Evans Assesses First Two Weeks
- News: Olympians and World Champions ride Aberystwyth Cycling Festival
- News: Johnson Health Tech GP Series is go!
- Alex Dowsett: Giro – “It’s about surviving”
- Team News: BMC’s Evans stays 2nd in Giro
- Team News: Win for Netapp-Endura in Calfornia
- Team News: Fourth win in 2013 Giro for Cav
- Team News: Shutt-sponsored Squadra Donne racing GP series
- News: Wiggins abandons Tour of Italy
- News: 100th Victory for Mark Cavendish
- Team News: House at Home in Durham Tour Series
- News: Scotland Gearing Up for ‘Grand Depart Weekend’
- Team News: Solid Start for Rapha
- New Event: Hafren CC Road Race, Mid Wales
- Team News: Bobby Julich Consultant For BMC
- News: Magpas Cambridge Cycle Challenge Sportive
- News: Gas Hill Gasp Returns
- News: Scottish Road Championships
- News: George Samuel Memorial Hove Park Crits Series
- News: Riders go for Gold at Pearl Izumi Tour Series
- News: Johnson Health Tech Grand Prix Series calendar amended
- News: Kalas Cup
- Tour Series: Riders & Teams
- Team News: Tom Boonen Returns to Racing in Tour de Picardie
- News: East London Velo’s Races
- News: Racing returns to Elveden this weekend
- News: Jon Norfolk lead coach for GB Paracycling Team
- News: Thoresby Park Festival of Cycling
- News: Veterans Dragon Two Day at Resolven
- Team News: Josh Williams First Win