Within only 23 minutes of the Dig In at the Dock Cyclocross race going live on the internet, it sold out of it’s first 100 places.
Words: John McComisky | Images: Beau Bissett.
Within only 23 minutes of the Dig In at the Dock Cyclocross race going live on the internet, it sold out of it’s first 100 places. The organisers are now tasked with looking through the 60 odd list of riders on the waiting list to pick a further 30 riders who they feel can add even more sparkle and fun to the now increasingly popular season ending one for all bike race.
The Event makes its return to West Lothian the cobbled Boness Shoreline- Dockside area, for a post Festive date of January 5th 2014.
This year top riders from England, Scotland and Ireland, will be competing against, Commonwealth Games Medallists, Team members, British Champions, Scottish Champions as well as International stage road race winners in what promises to be the biggest and best Dig In at the Dock thus far.
Top riders already down to ride are top Scottish professional riders and previous winners James McCallum (NFTO Cycling Team) Rab Wardell (T.B.A), Gareth Montgomerie and current winning-est rider in Scottish Cyclocross David Lines as well as Tour of Britain sensation Ben Greenwood. The top pro riders will take on Ridley Scottish Cyclocross Series Veteran Champion Gary McCrae (Leslie Bikes), and hot to trot Womens series winner Maddie Robinson (VC Moulin) in the unique one race event.
Event Organisers David Hamill and John McComisky will announce the remaining places to riders on the waiting list in the coming weeks, for what has been regarded as the â€œHot Ticketâ€ for Scottish Cyclocross in 2014.
â€œ We are always completely overwhelmed by the interest in the event which is now in it’s third year, Bo’ness should be really proud that it has this cycle race to showcase the town and Foreshore area, as we are hoping that the local residents come down to support the race just as they did in 2012/13.
Our aim has always been to encourage a healthy sporting event in the town, and something for all the family to enjoy, and it is free of charge, and with this in mind we are putting on free face painting for the kids, handing out free cowbells to the spectators and making even more noise this year with the return of Sambalistic, who boomed out Samba for the crowd last yearâ€
The event has also maintained race sponsorship from Pedal Power in West Calder, one of Scotland’s largest retail cycle shops, who will be bringing down their full Endura Cycle Clothing range at January Sale prices as well as having a presence from some of the Worlds top cycling brands.
Along with this presence, a full list of Bike Shops from all over Scotland will be displaying bikes and their wares on the day in a bikers village, and new for this year a Bo’ness Traders Village, where local business can display it’s creative side.
There are further entertainments on the cards in the shape of live commentary, a race programme, and the now traditional Raffle competition to finish the day off in style. Throughout the day the Grange Kitchen will provide healthy hot and cold food to riders and spectators alike. If you are looking for a healthy start to the year , the only place to be on the 5th of January is Bo’ness, action starts from 11am, with the hour long race scheduled for 1pm.
The Organisers would like to thank the following for committing to support the race: Pedal Power West Calder, Falkirk Community Trust, Big Bobble Hats, Wear it like you Stole It Design, The Grange Kitchen, www.cross-shop.webs.com.
Promo Video Here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZvs31E1p6I&feature=youtu.be
Further information available here: https://www.facebook.com/events/232382280259899/
Other Results on VeloUK (including reports containing results)
- De Panne: Win for Gilbert
- Result: Tuesday Night York Crits
- Results: Youth National Series
- Result: MK Bowl March Races 4
- News: Win for Jones in Taiwan
- DePanne: Stage 2 win for Kristoff
- Report/Result: CTT Classic TT Series – Wessex
- Week 2: Dolan Youth Circuit Races
- Result: Darley Moor Circuit Races 3
- Result: Premier Manchester Track League
- Report: 3 Days of DePanne – Day 1
- Result: Chelmer CC Hardriders
- Result: Surrey League Road Race 3
- Result: Lancaster Saturday Circuit Races
- Result: Middlesbrough Saturday Crits 4
- Result: Seacroft Wheelers Road Races
- Result: Preston Park Races 6
- Result: SERRL Road Races
- Result: Rhos on Sea Spring Series 2
- Result: Bristol Women’s Road Race
- Report: Sam Walton Trophy
- Result: Cramlington CC 18
- Result: Teesdale CRC Sporting 21
- Top 10: Ballantyne Memorial RR
- Result: Tricycle Association NW Trikes TT
- Top 10: NCRA Spring Handicap Series 4
- Top 10: Fenwick Masters Road Race
- Result: Manchester BC/Wills Wheels CC two stage RR
- Result: First Manchester Regional Track League
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- Result: Ythan Valley 2017 APR
- Result: Scorpion CS Road Race
- Result: 2017 Western Time Trials Association Hilly Time Trial
- Result: Coalville Wheelers CC Open 10
- Valverde Dominates Catalyuna with third stage win
- Result: Ilkley CC Sporting 10
- Result: Common Lane Occasionals Sporting 17
- Report/Result: Gent Wevelgem
- Result: Rhino Velo Race Team Hilly 21
- Result: Border City Whs Sporting 20
Other News on VeloUK
- News: Quick-Step to Tour of Flanders
- News: Win for Kittel at DePanne
- Startsheets: Tour Of The Wolds 2017
- Startsheet: 3rd Chorley Grand Prix
- This Weekend: Team Series Round 2
- News: Gaviria focuses on Giro d’Italia
- Van Avermaet confident ahead of Tour of Flanders
- Team News: Orica Backing Simon Yates this Weekend
- News: Klondike Grand Prix
- Q & A: Cleethorpes Super Prix Organiser Richard Stoodley
- Womens Teams for Tour Series Named
- Kittel to Race Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- News: CiCle Classic Getting Popular
- News: Storey Racing Team Launch
- News: Quickstep to E3 Harelbeke
- News: Belgian CX Project
- News: Onimpex Bioracer SpoCo TT Series
- News: Aberystwyth Crits 2017
- Report: Dwars Door Vlaanderen
- Feature: Bioracer Aero Virtual Wind Tunnel
- Preview: Classic Time Trial Series 1
- Team News: Contador Happy with TTT
- News: Van Avermaet Back Home to Race
- Teams Revealed for Tour de Yorkshire
- Team Bikes: Madison Genesis
- Feature: Glenn Longland signs Golden Book
- Team News: Madison Genesis at Normandy
- Team News: Quickstep to Catalunya
- On Now: Milan San Remo
- News: 2017 ORRO Tour of Sussex
- News: Carthy rides Catalunya for Cannondale Drapac
- The story behind ‘THRE Datawolves Racing Team’
- Feature: MSR ‘race of many outcomes’
- Starts Today: Mallorca Six Day
- News: Racing on the road
- News: Van Avermaet Targets Milan-SanRemo Podium
- News: Quickstep for Milano-Sanremo
- News: Shropshire team put in the miles
- News: New Team in Hertfordshire