Two big road races for men and women a week out from the British Champs, the Beaumont Trophy and Curlew Cup
Photo Report Â – Beaumont Trophy
(thanks to Graham Harper, my motorcycle pilot, for putting me in the places I needed to be to get these images of the action)
Report – Coming
The winner is Kristian House in fine form as he heads back to Abergavenny to try for the British Road Race Champs next weekend. He beat Mark Christian of Team Raleigh.
It was a very aggressive start with the Irish team getting stuck in.
Moves came and went with Adam Blythe (3rd) in the mix from the start.
Young Sam Williams of NFTO has a go and gets a gap.
A group starts to form at the front led here by Scott Davies of Madison Genesis
Tom Bustard leads a chase group which got close but ran out of steam and the gap to the leaders opened up again.
All over for the peloton and they soon start to ‘cruise’ losing many minutes on the leaders.
Trapped in the peloton was a rider who once dominated the Premier Calendar, Jon Tanner, riding for Yorkshire.
Adam Blythe of NFTO playing with the break and looking to see who was coming to him …
The answer was Richard Handley and on the Ryals he forces the pace with Blythe.
A handy group forms but a team had missed the boat …
And Tobyn Horton of said team, Madison Genesis brings it back (below) …
Dave Clark wins a sprint at the finish to clinch that competition and book a place on the podium.
Kristian House continues to attack but the lead group is holding on together.
Sam Harrison and Joshua Hunt force the tempo in the break to try and keep it together for Adam Blythe (NFTO)
But Richard Handley attacks again on the Ryals …
And then Dan Fleeman of Metaltek Kuota piles on the pressure to win the KoM points and the competition and also force a split.
Kit Gilham tries to bring the lead group back together as he and others are distanced.
Chief comm from Poland enjoying the good weather!
The attacks were coming thick and fast – Mark Christian has a dig for Raleigh.
Then his teammate Evan Oliphant had a spell off the front
Richard Handley again having a go ….
Before the final move goes clear with House and Christian.
Adam Blythe, after being dropped with Tobyn Horton at one stage, got back on with a few k to go, attacked, got caught, and then won the sprint.
Beaumont Trophy Result
1 HOUSE Kristian RCJ 4h17’15”
2 CHRISTIAN Mark RAL s.t.
3 BLYTHE Adam NPC Ã¡ 20″
4 HORTON Tobyn MGT s.t.
5 HANDLEY Richard RCJ s.t.
6 OLIPHANT Evan RAL s.t.
7 LAMPIER Steve VGR s.t.
8 FLEEMAN Dan MTK Ã¡ 3’14”
9 STOCKDALE Ben MTK s.t.
10 MCLAY Daniel GBR s.t.
11 KELLY Jake GBR s.t.
12 HAWDON Andrew KUK s.t.
13 BLAIN Alex RAL s.t.
14 DAVIES Scott MGT s.t.
15 WILLIAMS Sam NPC s.t.
16 METELKA Josef SPB s.t.
17 LOCKER James ZPC s.t.
18 EDMONDSON Nathan VGR s.t.
19 FERGUSON Callum ZPC s.t.
20 AITKEN Roger CNI s.t.
21 HUNT Josh NPC s.t.
22 GILHAM Kit KUK Ã¡ 3’51”
23 SCULLY Tom MGT Ã¡ 3’59”
24 CLARKE David KUK s.t.
25 LLOYD Rhys MTK Ã¡ 9’01”
26 CARPENTER Dante ZPC Ã¡ 9’19”
27 HOLOHAN Liam MGT Ã¡ 9’22”
28 DOWNING Russ NPC Ã¡ 10’02”
29 STEWART Thomas MGT s.t.
30 BAYLIS Sebasitian CUK Ã¡ 10’06”
31 HARPER George VGR Ã¡ 11’31”
32 TANFIELD Harry KUK s.t.
33 BARRAS Tom WHA s.t.
34 PEARSON Daniel ZPC s.t.
35 HEPWORTH Richard VGR Ã¡ 11’40”
36 BUSTARD Tom VGR s.t.
37 ASHURST Michael CUK Ã¡ 12’10”
38 HUMPHREY Colin ASG Ã¡ 12’13”
39 LAVARACK Edward RCJ Ã¡ 12’43”
40 BJERGFELT William MTK s.t.
41 MOTTRAM Michael KUK Ã¡ 13’01”
42 ROBINSON Matthew YRS s.t.
43 JACKSON Samuel CUK s.t.
44 MCGOWAN David MTK Ã¡ 13’09”
45 MOSS James VGR s.t.
46 WALLER Jack SPB s.t.
47 LATHAM Christopher GBR s.t.
48 HUNTER Henry IOM s.t.
49 BYRNE Dillon CUK s.t.
50 TANNER John YRS s.t.
51 HASSAN Robert KUK s.t.
52 BEEZER Jack SPB s.t.
53 BURNS Josh SYP s.t.
54 PERRY Edward IOM s.t.
55 ALDER James ASG s.t.
56 GRAHAM Hamish YRS s.t.
57 HENRIQUE DOS SANTOS Carlos STF s.t.
58 WOOD Oliver GBR s.t.
59 ROCHE Andrew IOM s.t.
60 MACAULAY Alastair CNI s.t.
61 KNOX James ZPC s.t.
62 DONALDSON Carl ASG s.t.
63 MILLAR Mike CNI s.t.
64 ORR Robert MTK s.t.
65 CLARKE Matthew WHA s.t.
66 BOTTOMLEY Alex WHA s.t.
67 WHITEHALL Andrew WOS s.t.
68 HOLMES Matthew MGT s.t.
69 BAINES Mark SPB s.t.
70 WHITEHOUSE Daniel RCJ s.t.
71 NEWEY James ZPC s.t.
72 MORALEE Duncan YRS s.t.
73 KAY Alastair YRS s.t.
74 LAWLEY Steven WOS s.t.
75 MCCROSSAN Scott WOS s.t.
76 KIPLING Matthew YRS s.t.
77 PORTER Elliott RCJ s.t.
78 HAWKINS Peter MGT s.t.
79 LINES David SYP Ã¡ 13’45”
80 BOAST Sam WHA Ã¡ 15’49”
81 JAMES Owen ZPC Ã¡ 16’50”
82 FIELD Ian IOM Ã¡ 21’15”
DNF HARRISON Sam NPC
DNF HETHERINGTON Ben ASG
DNF PEARSON Julian SPB
DNF KELLETT Ben CUK
DNF SMITH Daniel ASG
DNF STEWART Daniel CNI
DNF POTTS Marc CNI
DNF FYFFE Angus CNI
DNF KELLY Joe IOM
DNF PARTRIDGE Rob VGR
DNF BIBBY Ian MGT
DNF WILSON Hugh NPC
DNF PRICE Hefin SYP
DNF GARDIAS Dexter MTK
DNF MARTIN Adam MTK
DNF PRIA Lars STF
DNF CREEGAN Jonathan IOM
DNF MURDOCH Peter WOS
DNF BOWATER Perry SYP
DNF MCCARTER Paul CNI
DNF EXLEY Matt SPB
DNF PERRY Mark YRS
DNF MIÃ‘O Gustavo STF
DNF LEWIS James NPC
DNF MOSES Thomas RCJ
DNF ATKINS George RAL
DNF HALE Andrew WOS
DNF MOULD Jon NPC
DNF CUMING Michael RCJ
DNF DUNCAN Fraser CNI
DNF MORGAN Brad VGR
DNF DUGGLEBY Adam WHA
DNF BOULO Matthieu RAL
DNF CASTILLO Ulises STF
DNF WILKINSON Ian RAL
DNF ORRELL-TURNER Alex WHA
DNF SHUTTLEWORTH Gavin WOS
DNF BULMER Matthew YRS
DNF BELLIS Jonny IOM
DNF RIGBY John CUK
DNF FRAZER Mauricio STF
DNF PULLAR Jack SYP
DNS BURTON Germain GBR
Women’s Curlew Cup (start list)Â – Competitors will complete 3 laps of a 14 mile circuit before going on to the 22.3ml circuit which will also be used in the men’s race. The total distance will be 62 miles (100kms). The larger circuit includes the climb of the Ryals.
Men’s Beaumont Trophy (start list)Â – The first ‘open’ road race since the finish of the Pearl Izumi Tour Series and a big test as to who has their road legs. The race has been won by Bradley Wiggins, Chris Newton, Russell and Dean Downing and Malcolm Elliott to name but a few. The race is centred around the village of Stamfordham and takes in the fearsome climb of the Ryals. The race will start at 1.00pm and will be a combination of two circuits.
The larger circuit is 22.3mls and includes the climb of the Ryals which will be tackled 4 times by the riders. The smaller circuit is 13.9 mls and this will be tackled twice. The race will start with one lap of the smaller circuit before going on to complete 4 laps of the larger circuit and then finish with a final lap of the small circuit. Total distance 117mls (187km).
Other Results on VeloUK (including reports containing results)
- Result: Seacroft Wheelers Road Races
- Result: Preston Park Races 6
- Result: SERRL Road Races
- Result: Rhos on Sea Spring Series 2
- Result: Bristol Women’s Road Race
- Report: Sam Walton Trophy
- Result: Cramlington CC 18
- Result: Teesdale CRC Sporting 21
- Result: Tricycle Association NW Trikes TT
- Top 10: Fenwick Masters Road Race
- Result: Manchester BC/Wills Wheels CC two stage RR
- Result: First Manchester Regional Track League
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- Result: MK Bowl March Races 4
- Result: Ythan Valley 2017 APR
- Result: Scorpion CS Road Race
- Result: 2017 Western Time Trials Association Hilly Time Trial
- Result: Coalville Wheelers CC Open 10
- Results: Youth National Series
- Valverde Dominates Catalyuna with third stage win
- Result: Ilkley CC Sporting 10
- Result: Common Lane Occasionals Sporting 17
- Report/Result: Gent Wevelgem
- Result: Rhino Velo Race Team Hilly 21
- Result: Border City Whs Sporting 20
- Top 10: Southern Counties CU 10, Saturday
- Top 10: Southern Counties CU 25
- Top 10: Plomesgate CC 10 TT
- Result: Hillingdon Saturday Crit Series 2
- Result: CTT Classic TT Series – Wessex
- Result: Full Gas VeloPark Crits
- Result: VC Sevale Open 10
- Result: Cardiff Ajax CC 10
- Report/Result: Volta Catalunya Stage 6
- Result: Bristol Uni CC Open 10
- Result: Reivers RR (2/3/4)
- Result: Reivers Road Race
- Report/Result: Ipswich Spring Scramble
- Result: Crewe Clarion Wheelers CC 15
- Report: E3 Harelbeke
Other News on VeloUK
- News: Klondike Grand Prix
- Q & A: Cleethorpes Super Prix Organiser Richard Stoodley
- Womens Teams for Tour Series Named
- Kittel to Race Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- News: CiCle Classic Getting Popular
- News: Storey Racing Team Launch
- News: Quickstep to E3 Harelbeke
- News: Belgian CX Project
- News: Onimpex Bioracer SpoCo TT Series
- News: Aberystwyth Crits 2017
- Report: Dwars Door Vlaanderen
- Feature: Bioracer Aero Virtual Wind Tunnel
- Preview: Classic Time Trial Series 1
- Team News: Contador Happy with TTT
- News: Van Avermaet Back Home to Race
- Teams Revealed for Tour de Yorkshire
- Team Bikes: Madison Genesis
- Feature: Glenn Longland signs Golden Book
- Team News: Madison Genesis at Normandy
- Team News: Quickstep to Catalunya
- On Now: Milan San Remo
- News: 2017 ORRO Tour of Sussex
- News: Carthy rides Catalunya for Cannondale Drapac
- The story behind ‘THRE Datawolves Racing Team’
- Feature: MSR ‘race of many outcomes’
- Starts Today: Mallorca Six Day
- News: Racing on the road
- News: Van Avermaet Targets Milan-SanRemo Podium
- News: Quickstep for Milano-Sanremo
- News: Shropshire team put in the miles
- News: New Team in Hertfordshire
- This Weekend: 58th Wally Gimber Trophy
- Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 6
- News: The Final Paris-Nice GC Battle
- Team News: Sagan wins Stage 5 of Tirreno – Adriatico
- Paris-Nice: De La Cruz wins Final Stage
- Report & Result: Jock Wadley 2017
- News: Quintana beats Thomas to stage win at Tirreno-Adriatico
- News: Adam Yates Now 2nd on GC at Tirreno Adriatico