The Super Quaich Cyclocross Series is a brand new four-round format for the Cyclocross racing scene in Scotland.
New Cyclo-Cross series in Scotland
The Super Quaich Cyclocross Series is a brand new four-round format for the Cyclocross racing scene in Scotland. It will run in January and February 2016. The series will run at the following dates and venues:
â€¢ 17th Jan – Rouken Glen Park, Giffnock
â€¢ 24th Jan â€“ Rozelle Park, Ayr
â€¢ 7th Feb â€“ Beveridge Park, Kirkcaldy
â€¢ 21st Feb â€“ Dig in at the Dock, Boâ€™ness
With Cyclocross in Scotland already running an incredibly well attended regional league as well as a Scottish Championship, the Super Quaich Cyclocross Series organisers collectively wanted to come up with another format to complement the existing events. And at the same time experiment with new ways to innovate, encourage and offer riders an extended calendar of races through January and February 2016.
The Super Quaich Cyclocross Series will provide close racing throughout itâ€™s A-race and B-race format, which will allow riders regardless of age or gender to be actually racing one another for position and overall series placing.
Individual race organisers David Hamill, Jim Cameron, Chris Johnston, John Paul Baxter and John McComisky all have experience and pedigree in promoting cyclocross raceswhich not only the riders savour but the local community can get involved with too.
You can be assured of challenging, demanding and technical courses, along with slick race organisation and a carnival atmosphere. These attributes alone will ensure that these events will continue to raise the bar even higher on the race scene in Scotland.
The Super Quaich Cyclocross Series will simply be four events â€œRun by Racers for Racersâ€
There will be 100 riders in each A-race and the number of riders in the B-race will be left for the individual race organiser to decide based on what the course can safely tolerate on the day.
The Super Quaich Cyclocross Series organisers will harvest the season-long data from Mark Young atÂ myeventtimingÂ to seed and grid all entrants in the four round series, thus offering the most accurate and fair way of selecting the appropriate A or B race category . Riders therefore donâ€™t get to choose which level of race they enter.
Series points will be allocated to 150 riders at each event. This means that everyone in the A race and the top 50 or so riders in the B race will be allocated series points.
The 1st rider in the B race will be allocated the points position behind the last finisher in the A race.
Each riderâ€™s worst race placing across the 4 races will be discounted from their overall points tally.
There will be no age or gender categories in the race, the senior men, females, junior men and veteran riders will all ride against other riders of the same ability and receive series points based on how they placed.
The possibility of promotion/relegation will follow each race. The top 5 riders in the B race will be promoted in front of the last 5 riders in the A race.
Prize Fund and Sponsorship
There will be no title sponsorship of the Super Quaich Cyclocross Series. This allows individual organisers to put together their own packages to suit individual requirements, such as Raffle, Spot Prize or product placement.
Each Super Quaich Cyclocross Series organiser will assign Â£1 per entry toward an end of series prize fund, this allows trophies to be given to the series winners in the Male and Female classes.A perpetual trophy for the Champion to hold for the duration of their reign and a commemorative one for them to keep as a permanent symbol of their victory.
Equal cash prizes will also be given to the top Male and Females in the series standings.
Full rules and information are available at:www.superquaich.cx
Other Results on VeloUK (including reports containing results)
- Result: Seacroft Wheelers Road Races
- Result: Preston Park Races 6
- Result: SERRL Road Races
- Result: Rhos on Sea Spring Series 2
- Result: Bristol Women’s Road Race
- Report: Sam Walton Trophy
- Result: Cramlington CC 18
- Result: Teesdale CRC Sporting 21
- Result: Tricycle Association NW Trikes TT
- Top 10: Fenwick Masters Road Race
- Result: Manchester BC/Wills Wheels CC two stage RR
- Result: First Manchester Regional Track League
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- Result: MK Bowl March Races 4
- Result: Ythan Valley 2017 APR
- Result: Scorpion CS Road Race
- Result: 2017 Western Time Trials Association Hilly Time Trial
- Result: Coalville Wheelers CC Open 10
- Results: Youth National Series
- Valverde Dominates Catalyuna with third stage win
- Result: Ilkley CC Sporting 10
- Result: Common Lane Occasionals Sporting 17
- Report/Result: Gent Wevelgem
- Result: Rhino Velo Race Team Hilly 21
- Result: Border City Whs Sporting 20
- Top 10: Southern Counties CU 10, Saturday
- Top 10: Southern Counties CU 25
- Top 10: Plomesgate CC 10 TT
- Result: Hillingdon Saturday Crit Series 2
- Result: CTT Classic TT Series – Wessex
- Result: Full Gas VeloPark Crits
- Result: VC Sevale Open 10
- Result: Cardiff Ajax CC 10
- Report/Result: Volta Catalunya Stage 6
- Result: Bristol Uni CC Open 10
- Result: Reivers RR (2/3/4)
- Result: Reivers Road Race
- Report/Result: Ipswich Spring Scramble
- Result: Crewe Clarion Wheelers CC 15
- Report: E3 Harelbeke
Other News on VeloUK
- News: Klondike Grand Prix
- Q & A: Cleethorpes Super Prix Organiser Richard Stoodley
- Womens Teams for Tour Series Named
- Kittel to Race Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- News: CiCle Classic Getting Popular
- News: Storey Racing Team Launch
- News: Quickstep to E3 Harelbeke
- News: Belgian CX Project
- News: Onimpex Bioracer SpoCo TT Series
- News: Aberystwyth Crits 2017
- Report: Dwars Door Vlaanderen
- Feature: Bioracer Aero Virtual Wind Tunnel
- Preview: Classic Time Trial Series 1
- Team News: Contador Happy with TTT
- News: Van Avermaet Back Home to Race
- Teams Revealed for Tour de Yorkshire
- Team Bikes: Madison Genesis
- Feature: Glenn Longland signs Golden Book
- Team News: Madison Genesis at Normandy
- Team News: Quickstep to Catalunya
- On Now: Milan San Remo
- News: 2017 ORRO Tour of Sussex
- News: Carthy rides Catalunya for Cannondale Drapac
- The story behind ‘THRE Datawolves Racing Team’
- Feature: MSR ‘race of many outcomes’
- Starts Today: Mallorca Six Day
- News: Racing on the road
- News: Van Avermaet Targets Milan-SanRemo Podium
- News: Quickstep for Milano-Sanremo
- News: Shropshire team put in the miles
- News: New Team in Hertfordshire
- This Weekend: 58th Wally Gimber Trophy
- Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 6
- News: The Final Paris-Nice GC Battle
- Team News: Sagan wins Stage 5 of Tirreno – Adriatico
- Paris-Nice: De La Cruz wins Final Stage
- Report & Result: Jock Wadley 2017
- News: Quintana beats Thomas to stage win at Tirreno-Adriatico
- News: Adam Yates Now 2nd on GC at Tirreno Adriatico