The Q & A’s continue, this time with young London Dynamo rider Tobias Dahlhaus
Q & A: Tobias Dahlhaus: (London Dynamo RT)
1. How did you get into cycle racing …
Tobias: I tried out for the London Youth Games back in 2012 I think and quickly realised I wasn’t any good so started to train and then raced from 2014.
2. What’s your favourite discipline in cycling?
Tobias: Road. It’s all I really know.
3. What is the best thing about bike racing for you?
Tobias:I’m very competitive so that aspect is probably what I enjoy the most. I also enjoy chatting with riders after the race reflecting on how it went.
4. Are you a full time rider or do you have to juggle work with racing?
Tobias: I’m still “full time” at school but finish at lunch everyday so it’s quite easy to train and race enough. I still manage to do about 16 hours a week, which is plenty.
5. What was the highlight of 2016 for you and why?
Tobias: I’d say coming 19th at the Junior Tour of Wales. I feel I rode it well and really enjoyed it. Coming 3rd at National Hill Climb Champs was good too. Apart from that, winning a Surrey League 2/3 solo was really pleasing and gave me a lot of confidence.
6. What was your favourite/most fun race?
Tobias: I really enjoy the Richmond Park TTs run in the summer as it’s my local stomping ground. Otherwise Hillingdon world champs is really good fun midweek.
7. What bike do you race and why have you chosen this specific bike?
Tobias: I race a Pearson Hammerandtongs. I’ve had it for 4 years now and it’s still going strong. It’s great all round and has served me well.
8. What is the best piece of equipment (clothing/bike/gadget) to do with racing you are proud of most?
Tobias: My bioracer road race suit is a great bit of kit for racing. My Garmin is useful in races but the data is something I’d hope to be proud of if a race goes well ;)
9. What is your warm up routine for races – rollers or turbo? Music or no music?
Tobias: Normally get on the rollers for 20 mins without music. If I could I’d play some Bhangra out loud to get me going :)
10. How was your winter training for the season now underway? Long steady miles or more quality with the odd long ride thrown in?
Tobias: I had a great winter thanks to my coach Mark at Epic Coaching. It was a mix of everything really. A lot of endurance as well a mix of intervals but it’s been good.
11. What are the goals for 2017?
Tobias: I’d like to get a big result at a Junior national and Nat B as well picking up wins where I can. The junior Tour of Mendips and Tour of Wales will be something I’m targeting for now.
12. Finally, what’s the best thing about being part of a cycling club?
Tobias: When there are lots of people who love to be out on their bike but not necessarily race, having their support is great. Club culture is really humbling and any support I can get is welcomed.
Other Results on VeloUK (including reports containing results)
- DePanne: Stage 2 win for Kristoff
- Report/Result: CTT Classic TT Series – Wessex
- Week 2: Dolan Youth Circuit Races
- Result: Darley Moor Circuit Races 3
- Result: Premier Manchester Track League
- Report: 3 Days of DePanne – Day 1
- Result: Chelmer CC Hardriders
- Result: Surrey League Road Race 3
- Result: Lancaster Saturday Circuit Races
- Result: Middlesbrough Saturday Crits 4
- Result: Seacroft Wheelers Road Races
- Result: Preston Park Races 6
- Result: SERRL Road Races
- Result: Rhos on Sea Spring Series 2
- Result: Bristol Women’s Road Race
- Report: Sam Walton Trophy
- Result: Cramlington CC 18
- Result: Teesdale CRC Sporting 21
- Top 10: Ballantyne Memorial RR
- Result: Tricycle Association NW Trikes TT
- Top 10: NCRA Spring Handicap Series 4
- Top 10: Fenwick Masters Road Race
- Result: Manchester BC/Wills Wheels CC two stage RR
- Result: First Manchester Regional Track League
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- Result: MK Bowl March Races 4
- Result: Ythan Valley 2017 APR
- Result: Scorpion CS Road Race
- Result: 2017 Western Time Trials Association Hilly Time Trial
- Result: Coalville Wheelers CC Open 10
- Results: Youth National Series
- Valverde Dominates Catalyuna with third stage win
- Result: Ilkley CC Sporting 10
- Result: Common Lane Occasionals Sporting 17
- Report/Result: Gent Wevelgem
- Result: Rhino Velo Race Team Hilly 21
- Result: Border City Whs Sporting 20
- Top 10: Southern Counties CU 10, Saturday
- Top 10: Southern Counties CU 25
- Top 10: Plomesgate CC 10 TT
Other News on VeloUK
- Startsheets: Tour Of The Wolds 2017
- News: 3rd Chorley Grand Prix
- This Weekend: Team Series Round 2
- News: Gaviria focuses on Giro d’Italia
- Van Avermaet confident ahead of Tour of Flanders
- Team News: Orica Backing Simon Yates this Weekend
- News: Klondike Grand Prix
- Q & A: Cleethorpes Super Prix Organiser Richard Stoodley
- Womens Teams for Tour Series Named
- Kittel to Race Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde
- Report: Tour of Taiwan Stage 2
- News: CiCle Classic Getting Popular
- News: Storey Racing Team Launch
- News: Quickstep to E3 Harelbeke
- News: Belgian CX Project
- News: Onimpex Bioracer SpoCo TT Series
- News: Aberystwyth Crits 2017
- Report: Dwars Door Vlaanderen
- Feature: Bioracer Aero Virtual Wind Tunnel
- Preview: Classic Time Trial Series 1
- Team News: Contador Happy with TTT
- News: Van Avermaet Back Home to Race
- Teams Revealed for Tour de Yorkshire
- Team Bikes: Madison Genesis
- Feature: Glenn Longland signs Golden Book
- Team News: Madison Genesis at Normandy
- Team News: Quickstep to Catalunya
- On Now: Milan San Remo
- News: 2017 ORRO Tour of Sussex
- News: Carthy rides Catalunya for Cannondale Drapac
- The story behind ‘THRE Datawolves Racing Team’
- Feature: MSR ‘race of many outcomes’
- Starts Today: Mallorca Six Day
- News: Racing on the road
- News: Van Avermaet Targets Milan-SanRemo Podium
- News: Quickstep for Milano-Sanremo
- News: Shropshire team put in the miles
- News: New Team in Hertfordshire
- This Weekend: 58th Wally Gimber Trophy
- Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 6